Thursday, April 06, 2006

The high life...

Celebration time! My big office move is nearly complete... and last week I received my big ol' profit bonus from last year. So, off we went to a uber-fancy restaurant last night with my wife, my office manager, and her boyfriend.

One of the dishes served was these little "Crab Chips". Just before he served them, the chef had a volunteer come up and hold about 20 of the things in her hand while they were still alive. It was something not too unlike Fear Factor... they just poured out of the bucket in to her hand, scrambled around a bit, and fell on to the cutting board. Eventually the chef picked up the little guys and threw them into a fryer for a bit and served 'em up just like the pic below. They were about the size of an oblong half-dollar and we were instructed to eat them whole. To be totally honest, I hated the taste. But for about five minutes I acted like they weren't too bad just to convince my wife to give one a try. She fell for it. It was hilarious. She popped one in to her mouth and TOTALLY FREAKED OUT. It was just too much for her, with the crunchy legs and eyes and all. So her arms started flailing about and she started convulsing like crazy and she just up and swallowed the thing without chewing it! And then the little bastard bit back! NO JOKE! She ended up with a leg from the tiny beast stuck in her throat! ... Off she went to the restroom to try to dislodge it ... no luck. Instead, she was left with a bloody throat for the rest of the night. Yum...

Now thats the high life baby!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My boy,

You have always had quite the way with your lady...what a crazy romantic you are!

dad

Thursday, April 06, 2006 11:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, infact convulsing with laughter thinking about your wicked premeditation and poor wee Jani falling for it - again. You are bad! Is she okay? will she ever go back?

Sounds like a cool place, though - what's it called?

I can't wait to see you.
I love you infinity!

Yo Momma

Thursday, April 06, 2006 11:30:00 AM  
Blogger Miroslav said...

dad,
Romantic night thwarted by a rogue crab. Damnit!

Momm-anon,
The place is The Kitchen. Its a four hour dining EXPERIENCE. Janice took me there once a year ago on a surprise date night and we loved it then too.

Rhonda,
Wooot woot wooot! (think Curly blocking the Eye Poke here)

Thursday, April 06, 2006 3:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I thought the man with the jewelry was scary? No, it's the restaurants you eat at--or maybe more appropriately, WHAT you eat at these restaurants--that's SCARY!

Thursday, April 06, 2006 6:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all my fault, really. I don't know what it is about a challenge that I cannot say "NO". Miroslav's office manager tells me if I eat one then she will too. The couple next to us is saying "Come on. They're good". My cousin who works at the restaurant is egging me on too and everyone is LOOKING AT ME.
What's a girl to do????
And now it just feels like a really bad sore throat.

And the sad thing is that probably the next time someone challenges or dares me to do something, I'll probably bite.

Thursday, April 06, 2006 9:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, man, now Jannie won't be able to yell nearly as loudly for Senor Luis!!! How dreadfully sad :(

Thursday, April 06, 2006 10:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com

"Deep Thoughts" from Saturday Night Live ...