Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Crossing my fingers...

How would you like to be a tax guy? I thought insurance was a tough business, but man... when I think about it... tax work has got to be worse.

Tonight I meet with my tax advisor. Not too excited about it. Ever since I've gone in to business for myself, tax time has a whole new feel to it compared to when I was an W-2 Employee. Gone are the days of nice little mysterious tax refund checks. Nowadays I nearly break in to tears after I finish my annual tax appointment.

On a lighter note, Janice and I are going to start playing Volleyball together every Wednesday (starting tonight) at an open gym event held by a local church. They say there is a good number of people that play and that it is pretty competative. We are psyched. Back in the 'good ol' days' we used to play Volleyball together every summer. Looking forward to doing something fun together besides raising kids, sneaking out for a movie, or going out to eat... Can't wait! (but I am a bit nervous about getting embarassed out on the court. Its been years since I've played!)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When in doubt, trash-talk has never failed me yet!

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 4:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tru-dat.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 9:11:00 PM  
Blogger Miroslav said...

Marita,

I took your advice.

The tax guy was not amused.

Thursday, March 30, 2006 10:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Private jokes...is that fair to the rest of the readers?!

Thursday, March 30, 2006 1:07:00 PM  
Blogger Patrick Davis said...

Ouch! I just got a bill for 2004 taxes today. I forgot to write in some minor income and owe, I owe, so it's off to more work I go.
Pat

Thursday, March 30, 2006 8:19:00 PM  
Blogger Miroslav said...

Auntie,
There were no private jokes.

Mr D.,
ugh. I sympathize. Big Time.


Tax apptmnt was worse than expected. But hey, its only money. (*cry*)

Volleyball was fun though. :)

Thursday, March 30, 2006 10:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com

"Deep Thoughts" from Saturday Night Live ...