Sunday, April 02, 2006

Enigma

6'5". A body builder's frame even now as his gray hair receeds. An inviting smile, with a man's handshake. Eight bracelets on the left, six more on the right. And a group of necklaces dangle from his neck. He is a professor of philosophy who has traveled the world ... a man who is proud to proclaim that his life is dedicated to the service of Christ. And his life's actions lend credence to the proclamation.

ONE MONTH AGO
Our meeting is at a local crepe and tea sort of joint. His eyes light up with excitement as he learns that I am "a faller". He tells me that long ago my seizures would have been a sign to the mystics that I would be more apt to seek and explore spiritual things. He smiles as he learns of my spiritual struggles. This man speaks in an unusual manner. "Shaman Journey" , "Meta-Magic" , "The Underworld" , "Gate Keepers" , "Passwords" , "Passions" , "Can you pay the price of healing?" ... Somewhere in there, my eyes begin to fill with tears. A very peculiar, almost embarassing, sort of hope wells up within me. His words, absent of logic and reason, speak to me on an unexplored level that makes me feeling exposed and a bit uncomfortable.

A homework assignment : A name study. First. Middle. Last. ... I've completed the project. We meet again tomorrow.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good.

Sunday, April 02, 2006 2:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pood.

I am excited for you and this journey you've begun.

George is a funny man.

I can't wait to see you.

Momma

Monday, April 03, 2006 9:57:00 AM  
Blogger Miroslav said...

jedi,
don't use your jedi mind tricks on me. I'm on to you.

George,
LOL. nice.

Anony-Mom,
"Pood"? You had to bring that here? Public?!

....

I met with The Master Kat again this evening. It was a good talk, but he only had an hour. He gave me a lot of questions to ponder. Some I answered, some I didn't. We spoke briefly about the meaning of my name(s). He knew the roots of my last name well. Spoke of it as one of the top three mystical locations that he had encountered in his world travels. ... I stole a peek in to a file that he brought along with him. Words scribbled on a paper: "Wolf, Eagle, Bear, Tiger ..." and more. Another page: "Spear, Arrow, Sword, Axe ..." and other weapons. But we did not get to that. Tonight we only spoke of Goodness, of Truth, of Beauty.

And a question: "Can Goodness exist apart from Love?"

Two weeks until we meet again.

Monday, April 03, 2006 8:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eeek! Is this public?

Momma

Monday, April 03, 2006 11:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This venture with this man is kinda scaring me, I gotta honestly say.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 2:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Auntie Lamb.

Don't be such a sissy. Don't you know that God is waaaaaay bigger than all of it?!

You'd be hiding under the bed if I told you some of the stuff I brought myself to and God brought me through while in the wilderness. That's why they call it the wilderness!

And that's why the homecoming of the heart is so much sweeter. Remember that and pray your butt off.

GEORGE, you are a funny man. Course, I'm assuming you're a man, with a name like George.

Love from Miro's Momma

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 2:36:00 PM  
Blogger Miroslav said...

momma,
yes, very public.

George,
just forget about it.

Auntie Lamb,
Yeah... my red flags go off a bit. Not so much fear ... more like, "can I take this guy seriously?" I told him all about it when we met last. I told him that some unexplored part of me was given hope by his strange words ... and another part of me mocked the foolishness of it all. He laughed. My honesty didn't slow him down one bit. We came no where close to arguing over the subject, but he did casually mention the book of Revalations saying, "If that isn't a mystical book, I don't know what is...". A good point, no? Also, remember, this man IS a good man in deed (from what I can see anyhow). Look at his life, apart from the jewelry and funny talk, and you'd see a man who loves Christ and is sacrificing all for Him.

Momma-anon,
Yeah, maybe wild times are necessary sometimes. Who knows...

Thursday, April 06, 2006 3:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, "butt," you're still in the wilderness--aren't ya? Oh..I remember; He IS bigger than "all of it."

(Had to do a little self-poodmusings outloud here to get back on track.)

Thursday, April 06, 2006 6:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey family...let's not forget.

The Almighty does some of His best work in the wilderness.

Always has...still does.


Jedi

Thursday, April 06, 2006 9:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on, Wise Jedi!

Miro's Momma

Thursday, April 06, 2006 10:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com

"Deep Thoughts" from Saturday Night Live ...