Thursday, February 16, 2006

The battle of my bulge...

In October of '05 I was stunned to find that I had reached my heaviest weight ever: 209lbs.

Tell me more about your TurkeyNeck!I had been treating my body horribly for years and it finally caught up with me. I rarely exercised, ate buttered microwave popcorn with an extra topping of 1/5 of a stick real butter and extra salt four nights per week, and started virtually every day with a croissant from La Bou. ... oh ... and anywhere from three to four sodas per day. Not good to say the least.

I figured that the first place to start was to stop eating so poorly. I cut out all buttered popcorn, La Bou stops, and sodas. I also increased the amount of water that I drank. Within thirty days, I had lost ten pounds. And sixty days after that, another ten had dropped! I had reached 189lbs... SWEET! Best weight in a long time. I looked better and felt better. And so, I figured I could have a little treat... I started eating popcorn again. And of course, you can't have popcorn without soda. And hey, what is one croissant going to hurt? .... hehe...

Yesterday, a good friend of mine called me TurkeyNeck. (What sort of friend is that?!", you are surely asking yourself. I know, I know... what a jerk.). Anyhow, with that insult still in mind, today I stepped on the scale and found that my weight is creeping up again. Up to 195lbs.

And so, tomorrow begins my next push. I am going to shoot for another 20lbs dropped. If I can get to 175lbs (my high school weight) ... I am going to be psyched.

THE PLAN
No popcorn at home. No La Bou.
Very limited sodas. Lots of water.
Pushups are definately in order ... and some jogging and bike riding now that the weather is improving.
I might even start going to the gym. Today my wife told me that she thinks it would be sexy if I did so... and anytime she says something like that,
I pretty much do it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know...don't you need ARM muscles to do pushups?

Thursday, February 16, 2006 4:16:00 PM  
Blogger Miroslav said...

Funny. You don't want to start trading insults with me though. Don't forget I was raised in the hood too.

Thursday, February 16, 2006 9:30:00 PM  
Blogger Patrick Davis said...

I am the same weight I was in high school- not that I am bragging or anything. That was 35 years ago, but I forget what I was going to say about getting old.
Pat

Friday, February 17, 2006 4:00:00 PM  
Blogger Miroslav said...

George,

Be fit? Pshh... I just want to look good. ;D
Dude... didn't you hurt yourself playing video games at my house the other night? LOL! You did!!! I am just now remembering that. Freakin' hilarious.

*** For the rest of you that weren't there, I had about six or seven guys over playing the Xbox360 and we were yellin' and screamin' talking smack and all that... at one point, we were all jumpin up and down hollering at each other and George starts yelping in pain, "Oh... I hurt my elbow... no seriously..." I just about bust a gut laughing at his middle-age-self. Theres no injuries in video games! (think Tom Hanks coaching baseball here)

Oh man... that made me tear up, laughing my butt off here.

Mr. D,
'not that I'm bragging or anything' ... uh-huh. Sure you aren't Mr. Studmuffin.

Friday, February 17, 2006 9:37:00 PM  
Blogger Miroslav said...

George,

Sure it was already hurt. I totally believe you.

I can't believe you just called me TurkeyNeck. I'm crying over here. I hope you are happy.

;)

I am almost up to speed on LOST... one more episode on TIVO to watch (the most recent). I have to split my time between that and Invasion so...

Saturday, February 18, 2006 2:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com

"Deep Thoughts" from Saturday Night Live ...