Friday, January 06, 2006

Random Stuff

As life happens, I tend to find these little things that I want to do blog entries on. Unfortunately, I don't always find the time to do so. Because of this, I'm left with this whole list of stuff "TO BLOG". Its stressing me out having such a long list. Thats just kind of how I work. I don't like stuff hanging over my head to do, ya know?

Anyhow with that said. Here is a completely random brain dumping of things that I've wanted to throw on the blog but haven't done so because I wanted to do each topic justice. Well... forget that. Here it is ... RAW. Enjoy. Or not.

Initiate Brain Dump. Read more here.*********************************

C.S. Lewis

Read an article in U.S. News about him. Great quote regarding friendship (which was a topic we've discussed in depth here): from The Four Loves, "what draws people to be friends is that they see the same truth. They share it." Such an accurate point. Its just true, ya know? Doesn't it always just feel great to be with people that see things the same way you do? Its... affirming. Reassuring. Comfortable. Doesn't feel like a constant fight to swim upstream.

Next point... Saw the movie The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe with my wife on a date night. One quote stood out to me regarding Edmond, the betrayer: "Only Aslan can help your brother now..." Also, there was a thought that hit me in the beginning of the movie, and again at the end. This image struck me of ramming my head in to the back of the wardrobe trying to enter in to the wonderful land of Narnia again. Thats how I've felt. I knew it existed. And suddenly, my portal was gone. Suddenly, and without cause. The door was shut. I ran instinctively back to the wardrobe as I had always done... but this time my nose was bloodied by the back of it. I rammed in to it, again and again. It didn't budge. And now... I wonder. Did such a place as Narnia ever exist or was it perhaps just my imagination?

Next point... on Edmond: Aslan was so stinking nice to him. I leaned over to my wife and said, "Now that Aslan... thats a god I could believe in!" ... That is the sort of god that is preached from our pulpits you know. Not the God who zaps people who screw up while carrying HisTemple, or the God who creates some vessels for destruction, or the God who come to pit son against father. Mr. D wrote a nice little piece on this subject here.

*********************************

God and Legos

A friend of mine sent me this link. I thought *I* had a lot of free time on my hands.
http://www.thebricktestament.com

*********************************

On interviews...

I interviewed about ten people over the past two weeks for two positions I was hiring for. A certain sadness came over me as I realized that the capitalist system of economics really poses some challenges. Well, you know, that isn't even really the point. Its not so much capitalism that is the problem. Its just that as I interviewed the candidates... I realized that the people who were the most talented, most well spoken, and most attractive were more most eligible for the job as well as a higher wage. I mean, hey, that is just reality. But the other folks, the ones who spoke in ebonics and didn't have any sort of goals in life as far as a career is concerned and who didn't dress as nicely... well, I just sort of saw them living out a certain destiny of mediocrity in the business world. I realized that these were also the people who needed the money more than anybody else and yet, they were destined to a fairly low level of income. Then I was reminded of how our credit system works... you know, people who already have the money can borrow as much as they want and the people who are broke won't be lent much at all. Anyhow, I'm rambling here.... for some reason I became a little bit heartbroke over the whole situation. The whole pain and injustice of life thing. Just a new angle on it I suppose.

*********************************

How Miroslav Got His Groove Back...

Hmmm.... no, this one needs its own post. Gonna have to work on that tonight.

*********************************

On sex

Why is there such a stigma about sex and nudity? I mean, hey, we are all naked... under our clothes of course. And don't we all love sex? I guess not.... actually, I know that isn't true. We don't all love sex. Lots of people HATE it because of abuse, or guilt, or insecurity, or fear, or confusion. I'm just baffled that for how large an issue the subject is in our lives (wether you are talking about our self esteem, or sexual desires, or sexual abuses), it is NEVER talked about. Seriously, the next time you are at a friends house try bringing up the subject. Red faces, nervous laughter, changing the subject. ... And of course, its not difficult to identify the source of our avoidance of the topic. It is certainly the result of our upbringing and the Christian society in which we live. And thats not to say that all Christians are prudes or that only the Christian religion teaches modesty. ... not sure where I'm going with this. Just a musing. A random thought. I was going to do a big ol' entry on the subject complete with a study on people groups who are more open with sexuality and nudity (like the 'savage' people in the undiscovered lands or the hippies or ... them crazy 'liberated' folks in Europe).

*********************************

The 'REAL' Slim Shady

Last night we were treated to a wonderful evening of dinner and gabbing with some new friends-in-the-making from church. Was a great time. The wife of this couple said several times that she was 'intrigued' by my situation (I shared some of my faith challenge stuff with them). I've also been approached by um... I'll guess FOURTEEN people (hehe..., inside joke) ... that have said they have really enjoyed my blog. People I haven't talked to about hardly anything in years. People I barely know. So... the word is getting out there I guess. Which is cool. I mean, I'll be honest. I like that. Its not my purpose in doing this whole blog thing... but I do like the attention. I've got no problem admitting it.

Gotta bust out some censored and edited lyrics here from Eminem's Without Me: "I've created a monster, cuz nobody wants to/ see *my real name here* no more they want *Miroslav* I'm chopped liver" ... "they start feeling like prisoners helpless, 'til someone comes along on a mission and yells *"I DON'T BELIEVE!"*/ A visionary, vision is scary," ... "But sometimes it just seems, everybody only wants to discuss me/ So this must mean I'm disgusting"

Ok... that lyric quote didn't quite work out to be as cool as I thought it would be... but oh well. At least its off the "TO BLOG" list.

*********************************

Ok. That is all. My list is empty once again. Well almost. I just finished Blue Like Jazz so I've got to write a short review of that... and I still have to do my entry on how I got my groove back. But I feel a lot better now.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So here are purhaps #15 & #16 of people you haven't talked to much over the years. I found your blog last night and it helped (after reading some entries) to solidify things my spouse and I are walking in, in this mess and yet pressing toward SOME sort of reconcilliation. Shall it begin with you and your spouse and the two of us? It is interesting that you quoted about truth being where friendship starts, because the parts of your blogging we hold as truth with you is what has prompted two things BEFORE I read today's entry: 1) to have you and your spouse over for dinner soon and 2) but 1st of all to connect again with some others we need to seek out. The truth of the matter is Jesus, and He has, and will, prevail and this is where we meet! But also, Miroslav, what you have written concerning the past and its terrible events some is true and we as a couple are grateful and eager (dare I say excited) to meet with you and yours on that level and press on together in reconcilliation. It is POSSIBLE as our God is THE ONE of the impossible and we are all as Edmund! This love will grow, we will come to a spring time together, we believe it to be true, because Jesus is our Lord!!!
Funny how writng to an unknown audience can cause one to be so silly and magnificent with words:)
In Jesus,

Friday, January 06, 2006 1:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must go now. Not sure what entry where. confuzed. Sound stupid, si. Not smart to type, thoughts random. Not polished, must focus to type lacking skills, failed to point to creator ttfn.

Friday, January 06, 2006 3:20:00 PM  
Blogger Miroslav said...

10/2001-6/2003,
Ooooh..... You have us intrigued with your mysterious handle and comments here. My wife and I, along with another couple, spent about an hour trying to figure out who you are!
I am sincerely open for reconciliation. And a free dinner is always good, reconiliation or not. hehe... so gimme a ring or shoot me an email when that time comes, alright? Best of luck in your effort to 'connect again with some others we need to seek out.' I do warn you that if if the people you are referring to are back at NH, be prepared for a messy interaction. I can't imagine that they will be too anxious to talk about any of this stuff.
Anyhow... my wife and I are very much anticipating hearing from you and yours soon!

Rhonda,
Blue Steel Rocks.

George,
Fabulous idea. Seriously. Don't let me forget about that, ok? My dad and I talked along the same lines a while back... Something I definately want to do.

Sidewards8,
For you my friend, you should consider a computer as 'Heavy Equipment' ... don't drink and type at the same time. Hazardous to your health. Could cause stomach problems, if you know what I mean.

Saturday, January 07, 2006 11:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,
I have been reading your blog for some time now and have been riveted by your story. I am involved in yet another aspect of this same story and it is always good to hear what others have gone thru. I too am intrigued by 10/2001...My husband and I are curious as well. We like to try to figure out who the players are in this web of intrigue. Some are obvious and some not. Still fun! God bless you and yours, Miroslav.

Saturday, January 07, 2006 9:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Brother Miroslav, Jesus is our core and on Him we stand and our course is set - let's think outside of the box, shall we? Your blogs suggest you are learning (as we all are from this) that you can. And surely your wife does!! Over a year ago she so blew me away with her graciousness toward me and mine, that I still comment on it to this day!! Though she may be totally unaware of her Christ-like deeds, both then AND currently, I praise God for her ability to be as He is IN THESE DAYS!! Jesus, and Jesus alone,(not events, people, circumstance, or even trials)is our core, and on Him we stand and our course is set.
And yes,I have altered my name slightly does it help???

Sunday, January 08, 2006 6:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mrs. Inflammatory...

I know who this is!!!
I know who this is!!!


Ha ha

Sunday, January 08, 2006 8:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a very cool name: "Mrs. Inflammatory." Wish I'd thought of it for myself, but it probably wouldn't fit..

Sunday, January 08, 2006 5:12:00 PM  
Blogger Miroslav said...

Mrs. Inflammatory,
Welcome to my blog! Thank you for your input. I have to confess that my first thought when I read your handle was to think of Preparation H. LOL. Serious. Well... looks like Mrs. 10/2001-6/2003 is going to have us all trying to solve a riddle. :) I'm game! Oh wait. I just remembered that I'm a terrible solver of riddles. DOH!

Mrs. 10/2001 - 6/2003,
Well, I am horrible with dates. I suck at riddles. And my memory is crap. So... you will probably will remain a mystery to me until you chose to reveal your identity. (the changing of the handle didn't help me at all. I already took you as a Mrs. ... You write like a chick.) hehe...

DM,
I was totally jealous. Until you told me. You rule breaker you.

Auntie Lamb,
Yeah, that handle ain't for you.

Sunday, January 08, 2006 6:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rule breaker?

Like you don't know that?

dm

Sunday, January 08, 2006 10:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha Ha
I knew I wrote "like a girl" but on the off chance you guessed who I am (we are) I didn't want you even thinking my husband wrote like that!!
catch us soon - think Janice, think!

Monday, January 09, 2006 7:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All to well, all to well. But the day is coming, nay, already at hand when I shall rise up on XP and lo, keyboards everywhere will fear my name, so sayeth the foolish! AM I SCREAMING WHEN I TYPE LIKE THIS?!

Monday, January 09, 2006 11:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mrs 10/2001-6/2003,
I am pretty stumped as to your identity, but I do have a guess. Did you used to live in a place right next to where we lived at one point in time? And are your kids among the cutest kids in the world?

Monday, January 09, 2006 1:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did it you did it!! Give that lady a prize. See you Wednesday AM? We will be contacting you both to "set the record straight," with a dinner and such, by apologizing for at least one huge gafaw on our part! Please keep in mind the culture from which we both now come...concerning time...we will be in touch...just a matter of when!!
from one set parents of cute kids to ANOTHER...

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 8:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mrs. Inflammatory -
Thanks for the tip!

Mrs 10/2001-6/2003 -
We are looking forward to it!!

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 11:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurray--whoever you are!!

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 6:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you've done it--this is making me crazy. Miro, Janice, can I get a hint, like, would Mrs. 10/2001[etc.] be someone that I also could guess? I'm spending too much mental time going through names, faces, and places right now for it not to be worth my while if it's not someone I know.

Is that stretching the rules? although, who keeps rules around here?!

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 11:49:00 PM  
Blogger Miroslav said...

I keep the rules. :)

One rule is that we gotta honor the level of anonymity of everybody. If they want to remain a mystery... we gotta honor that.

(but I'd be happy to tell you my best guess the next time we talk. hehe...)

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 11:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com

"Deep Thoughts" from Saturday Night Live ...