Saturday, December 24, 2005

Early hilarities

Boy oh boy. I've already laughed my butt off TWICE and we haven't even gotten to Christmas Day yet. I hope I still have butt to laugh off when the actual day arrives.

Two quick stories...

1) Last night, my crazy uncle Edo shared a funny quote from John Stewart on The Daily Show. Irrevrant and cold-hearted... but stinking hilarious: "Just remember, every time you say 'Happy Holidays,' an angel gets AIDS."

2) This morning, my wife's side of the family came over and we all exchanged gifts. You've heard of re-gifting, right? Well how about re-carding? Impossible you say? No... its not. Check this out. Notice the rather formal text written inside the card? Or maybe the two perfectly placed, signed labels covering up a pre-signed signature? This will never be lived down. But I guess that's what I should expect given that my father-in-law works at a printing press.



Instant Classic:
"Hey everybody, check this out... he re-carded!"
"What did you say? Are you calling me retarded?!"
"No... hahahaha... I said you RE-CARDED!!"
Caught red handed, he blushes and starts laughing hysterically.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jack H said...

FYI

http://www.spectator.co.uk/article.php?table=§ion=&issue=2005-12-17&id=7080

Salient thoughts.



J

Saturday, December 24, 2005 11:21:00 PM  
Blogger Miroslav said...

*above link requires registration. 'Tis free but...*

Sunday, December 25, 2005 12:38:00 PM  
Blogger Jack H said...

...but well worth it. Use some disable hotmail address.

Sunday, December 25, 2005 4:22:00 PM  
Blogger Jack H said...

Of course, I *meant* to say, disPOSable. If only my fingers worked as fast as my magnificent brain.

But regarding re-carding, you know what happened. His wife did the card for him. Trapped! He was trapped!

Monday, December 26, 2005 1:46:00 AM  
Blogger Miroslav said...

um, not unless he remarried without telling us all about it. :)

Monday, December 26, 2005 11:56:00 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Well, you could say BB was being environmentalist.
Saving the trees.
Recycling.
I mean, he did buy us some pretty sweet gifts, so ya know he's not just cheap all around.
I got to thinking, maybe there's something to this re-carding thing...maybe he'll start a trend.
LOL

Monday, December 26, 2005 7:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com

"Deep Thoughts" from Saturday Night Live ...