Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The best part is

the giving. Seriously.

Yeah yeah, I know this is nothing new. But I forgot how much of a thrill it is to buy a kick arse present for somebody you care about. Its just so awesome to bring somebody some happiness with a thoughtful gift, ya know?

I gave one of my top 5 presents out tonight to one of my employees.
She LO V E D it.
Right now, my older brother is en route to pick up his monster gift. Can't wait to hand him this freakin' huge box that weighs a million and one pounds. And I think I'm going to give one of my wife's gifts to her tomorrow afternoon. I just can't wait any more. I wanted to give it to her about a week ago when I bought it... but I did the whole wrapping thing and everything. You know what? Screw it. She is getting the gift tomorrow for sure. She will have to wait on the others though. ... And that leaves me with about two or three gifts that I'm still excited about giving. Should be a fun Christmas!

Yes, giving is definately the best part.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...although, it's also not so bad NOT giving, as some of us have experienced since the passing of the Patriarch who wished we would send $$ to charity instead of buying presents...but we still wanted presents then!

Thursday, December 22, 2005 3:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I prefer giving gifts whenever I can to whomever strikes me.
The Christmas spending pressure can be strong, too many American Christians are in debt, and too many presents are junk.
Not Bah Humbug. Spread cheer the rest of the year.

http://www.buynothingchristmas.org/

Thursday, December 22, 2005 4:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.buynothingchristmas.org was created for ME! that's where I'm starting next year.. Thanks, St. Nick (you must be trying to work your way to retirement, getting the word out abt the above website). I esp enjoy the catalog of things that one already has. Sheer creativity!!

Friday, December 23, 2005 8:56:00 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Oooh, I just found a neat post on the Holy Experience blog that made me think of both this post and the one with comments about Rwanda and helping our neighbors...this stuff is really making me re-think the best approach to Christmas. Hmmm....we'll see what Ron has to say :)
www.holyexperience.blogspot.com
Check the post "Who's Birthday is it Anyway?"
The links she provides are great too...

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 9:04:00 PM  
Blogger Miroslav said...

St. Nicholas,
Thanks for the link!

Auntie Lamb,
You are the reigning QUEEN of creativity in my book!

Mommato3fornow,
Just fyi, if you guys do that, we are SO going to sneak toys and candy to your kids. Just know that. (this will be the only time you hear about it b/c once you announce it, we will have to act 100% covertly...)

Yeah, I think I'm going to do something like that this next year too. I mean hey, I like gifts as much as the next guy... particularly thoughtful gifts (like what oompa got you guys). But I so hate getting and giving presents that are just obligatory gifts, ya know? Wouldn't it be so much better to get that $X-Dollars and send it to www.savedarfur.org (or whatever floats your boat)? ... I think I'm going to steal a couple lines from the sample letter referred to, and add in some of my own. I would probably add something like, "of course, if you want to buy me an Xbox 360... THAT I will accept." ... ;D

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 3:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com

"Deep Thoughts" from Saturday Night Live ...