Sunday, December 25, 2005

End of the year already?

Crazy. 2006. Thats just absolute madness. Seems like it went Y2k, then 9/11, and now this... freakin' 2006.

My wife is always doing these silly little email surveys that her friends pass around. I love reading them and usually get a couple of laughs or gain a little insight in to whoever does 'em. So, I stole the idea from a friend's blog to use the survey as a sort of end of the year summary thing-a-ma-jig.

Double-Ganked from Rhonda's Blog.

Read my survey results!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

1.What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
* Said, "I don't know" when asked if I believe in God * Started a blog * Saw Billy Crystal LIVE!*
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn't make any resolution, per se... but I did set some goals. (lose weight, spend time with family, budget, etc.) I hit 'em all except one: excercise daily. grrr... I do have one resolution planned for '06.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yup, a bunch of them little critters poppin' up around us!
4. Did anyone close to you die? Nobody particularly close died to me. But my across-the-street neighbor of nearly ten years and his wife died suddenly and tragically in a head on car accident. They young, in their fourties. That hit me pretty hard.
5. What countries did you visit? Mexico.
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005? More peace of mind and clarity. 2005 was marked by inner turmoil for me.
7. What dates from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? None. I am horrible with dates.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Coming to grips with the demise of my faith.
9. What was your biggest failure? Saying, "Not right now" to my son more times than I care to admit.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nope.
11. What was the best thing you bought? My baby: Infiniti G35 Coupe - Desert Platinum
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? My wife. Faithful friend that woman...
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? Evil doers throught the world. Abusers, manipulators, child molesters, etc. ... well, you asked!
14.Where did most of your money go? My business expenses I suppose. But thats not a very fun answer. Second would have to be my mortgage. Thats no fun either. So, I'll answer the question as if we were just looking at discretionary money. Food is the winner hands down.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? What I always get excited about. Um, "quality time" with my wife.
16. What song will always remind you of 2005? Hmm. So hard to say. These type of associations always seem to come to be much farther down the line. Like three years from now I'll say, "OMG! That so reminds me of 2005!" But... if I must name a song, I'll say Boulevard of Broken Dreams by GreenDay.
17. Compared to this time last year, you are:// happier or sadder? Happier! // thinner or fatter? Thinner! // richer or poorer? Richer! - WoOt! I aced that section! :D
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Laughing.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Medicating my inner pain.
20. Did you fall in love in 2005? Yup. All over again...
21. How many one-night stands? Well, sometimes my wife acts like she doesn't know me the next morning. Does that count?
22. What was your favourite TV program? Lost. Invasion.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? YOU.
24. What was the best book you read? Dissapointment with God
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? http://www.iiiiiiii.com/
26. What did you want and get? Health and happiness for my wife and kids.
27. What was your favourite film of this year? The Naked Gun. Its timeless.
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Read about it here. 28.
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? To have figured it all out.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005? Tre-Miroslav. Lets just say I am not ashamed to roll out to the mall sportin P.J.s and my black leather jacket baby.
31. What kept you sane? Wow. Good question. ... Hope.
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I try not to fancy people. I think that is so ... English.
33. What political issue stirred you the most? Them darned immigrants. Genocide (watched Hotel Rowanda for the first time. I was totally ignorant to all of it). World economic inbalance.
34. Who did you miss? My father. Sometimes I miss him even though I see him every day. I am sometimes scared that my 28 will soon turn to 38 which will turn to 48... and he won't live forever.
35. Who was the best new person you met? Oh.. there's ... um... Holy stinkin' crap! I just checked with the wife and we both agree that I don't think I've met anybody that I've actually developed relationship with. I've definately rekindled some old friendships but no new ones.
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005: You don't have to have all the answers to be able to love or encourage somebody.
37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: "I walk a lonely road, the only road that I have ever known."
38. What was your favorite meal of 2005? Our office Christmas party that we held at The Melting Pot. Great food. Great company. A round of drinks on the house due to late seating. Good times.
39. What did you do in 2005 that you never expected or planned on doing? Lost my faith.
40. What do you regret not doing? Being 100% present in every situation I was in.
41. If you could pick one person you know who has changed the most this year, who would it be?Me. For sure.
42. What internet based thing moved you the most? (aka, postsecret, hurricane blogging, etc.) www.blogspot.com - I LOVE blogging.
43. If you could take back one thing, what would it be? All the times I bet on black and it hit red.
44. Describe a mundane moment that meant a lot to you. - Driving in my car... listening to the radio. Some overplayed pop song comes on and hits me somewhere in my heart that makes me think of all the people I love and how grateful I am for the amazing life I lead. I cry like a little boy... and love every second of it.










2 Comments:

Blogger Miroslav said...

Rhonda,
Man... thanks for the input. I've joined the Green Ribbon parade, but that feels so ... um, *LAME*, for lack of a better word.

I'm gonna do a post about how crazy it is to live in this info-technology-age, to be able to instantly witness all the attrocities that are being committed around the globe. I feel so helpless. Sending money... giving my time... somehow applying my skills... it all seems so... useless.

There is no denying that this world needs a fixin'. And I can't imagine any human efforts quite doing the job, ya know? Bah. I spent about one hour reading about Darfur and then linked to the Global Crisis site which had something like another fifteen crazy international situations going on. Got me depressed.

So a happy new year to you too. ;(

Monday, December 26, 2005 11:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't change "the" world...but we got the juice to help change our world.

Old, corny story but get the point...

Little boy walking on the beach sees a star fish grounded by low tide and dying in the sun...throws the star fish into the ocean.

Narly old fisherman laughs and says, "Hey kid, there are thousands of those a day that die in the sun. You can't change that.

Little boy answers, "I did for the one I threw back in."

Jesus said, "The poor will always be with you."

He also instructed us to help them. Not all of them, just those who are our neighbors.

If anyone wants to help change
"our" world, come join us on Monday nights at our Jr High WyldLife Club.

It's a start.

-Victor

Monday, December 26, 2005 11:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com

"Deep Thoughts" from Saturday Night Live ...