Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Two great quotes

"Most of the things we decide are not what we know to be the best. We say yes, merely beause we are driven into a corner and must say something." - Frank Crane, Essays (stole this one from some crazy chick's blog) So stinking true. But you know what? Screw that. I'm going to do my best to stop saying something just because I'm driven in to a corner. And if I MUST say something, I'm going to be comfortable with the answer, "I don't know." At least until I do know, or have a reasonable confidence in my position and answer.

"Weird life glasses I have on right now. They give me headaches." - Miroslav, in email to Mama to 3 Soaring Arrows. For the first time ever I think I actually said that it appears to me that what the Bible clearly teaches on a subject (Luke 6:27-36, Romans 12:20-21) seems ridiculously disingenuous, cruel, and hypocritical. Scary words from my mouth to be sure, but thats what I be thinkin'. Straight up. And yes, the new glasses are giving me headaches and making me dizzy from time to time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com

"Deep Thoughts" from Saturday Night Live ...