Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Lost four years of my life

A friend of mine suggested that I make sure to stop by Tommy's Hamburgers while in Orange County visiting my mom.

Read about our experience...
The wife and I stroll in with the kids, order a burger for each of us, chili-cheese fries sounded good too, and a couple of chocolate shakes. Just after I pay the guy, I see somebody else's order come up. Looked like a cat had puked on the burger. I'm not exaggerating. My stomach clinched when I saw it. I yelled to the guy behind the counter, "Can you make one of those LIGHT on the chili please?" (I was thinking that the wife wouldn't be able to stomach it.) Out come our burgers saturated with this cat-puke-lookin-chili. I shove the one that is "light" to my wife telling her I wasn't sure if she'd like it or not. My thoughtfulness was appreciated... she looked at me with her TwooWuv look. :D

Anyhow, we dig in to the burger... both of us just waiting to throw the stuff away and head out the door to find an In 'n' Out Burger... but lo' and behold... it tasted good! A couple of bites later and my wife asked if she could trade burgers and take the one with more chili on it!

Miroslav's Review:
Food Taste: 9 (yummm....)
Ambiance: 3 (think one notch below Weinershnitzel)
Service: 5 (at least he spoke English)
Gut Check: 1 (A friend told us Tommy's was a place she used to frequent when she was a heavy drinker. The burgers are good for cleanin' ya' out, which is great for getting over a hangover. Lets just say she knew what she was doing back then. The upside is that I don't need to do that colon cleanser thing I had been researching...)
Health Factor: -4 (I picked the number four because thats the number of years I estimate were taking off of our lives from the grease that oozed its way to the top of the burger and chili and has since been taken in to my arteries.)

Here is what was left on our plates when we were done. Like how that chili looks? Yum.

2 Comments:

Blogger David Porta said...

The "Care to read more?" link isn't working.

Roy took me to the original Tommy's some 15 years ago. "What?! You never heard of Tommy's. We gotta fix that!" Good burger. Sloppy and delicious!

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 1:25:00 AM  
Blogger Miroslav said...

D.Porta, DDS,
hmm... you musta been clicking the care to read more when I was still formatting or sumpthin'. Seems to be working now.

Rhonda,
Thanks for the tip! I'll definately try it out sometime.
My FAVORITE burgers are from In 'n' Out. But... if we are counting vegi-burgers... then my favorite is the Sunflower Inn off Fair Oaks Blvd in Sacto. You ever been there? IT IS AMAZING. And I generally HATE health food. This place is different. I think they might line their avocados with crack or something.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 11:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com

"Deep Thoughts" from Saturday Night Live ...