Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Time Off

Last night we went out with some friends we hadn't seen in a while and had a really great time. Other than the fact that they were complete mooches, we enjoyed a nice meal together and shared some laughs. It was neat being able to reconnect with them. Rhonda... Eireann .... CHEERS to you both!

And then, off to sleep, woke up, and back to work. Work has been CRAZY lately. Its my busiest time of the year. Plus, I've been sick and have been poppin' HALLS in my mouth like a mad man. Everything I drink and eat tastes like "Advanced Vapor Action." YUCK. Business has been great though so I can't complain, I've hit all my goals and then some.... so thats good. Just today I sold a honker of a policy. (also a good thing...)

"Ah....."

Thats what I felt deep in my soul as I left my office tonight. Lookin' forward to five days off yo'. Starting TONIGHT. NICE.

I came home to the wonderful smell of homemade chicken soup. My wife SO rocks. Played with the kids for a bit, chowed down on some soup and bread... and then The Cousins came over (along with their parents) and we all had Root Beer Floats and Popcorn and watched Madagascar. Of course, the kids were wired from the sugar in the floats and couldn't sit still for more than thirty minutes and so they ran all around back and forth in and out of the toy room while we adults finished the flick. Kids nowadays. Whattayado? When I was a kid... (insert tear-jerking story here about walking ten miles in the snow uphill ... both ways, barefoot, just to read half a comic strip )... , and now these kids can't sit still for a DVD fully animated movie with 5.1 surround sound on a Plasma hanging from the wall?! Bah.

Anyhow, me and my family are off to LA for an early Christmas celebration with my Momma and her husband Dave. Should be fun. Plus, I'll have time to BLOG again while I'm down there... WoOt!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I guess she's a mooch!

Hugs to your mom and David, please.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 7:01:00 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

I dunno...which should we prefer? Kids interacting with one another while playing make-believe or kids staring, speechless and motionless, at a screen of flashing lights? :)
Either way, we all had a blast! Have a nice trip, you guys.
Say Hi to MiMi for us.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 8:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Plasma tv hanging from the wall!? Surround sound? Can I come over and hang out? I could watch chick flicks with my indian friend. He's goofy. I hope that if we are ever to spend the night on the town I will have enough money to pay for my cup of water.....or those peppermint toothpicks, I love those things. I hear that killer shrimp is having a Christmas extravaganza, but whatever you do don't just sip your coke and pick at the bread, that's rude.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 10:15:00 PM  
Blogger Miroslav said...

Rhonda,
A girl can dream...

George,
Yeah... I wonder what the future will hold for our kids. Crazy. Maybe the whole holodeck thing isn't too far away!

Auntie lamb,
done.

Mama to 3 Soaring Arrows,
I vote for whichever makes them more quiet.
Oh... plus, I hate to break it to you, but the TV was turned on in the play room too... I think they just wanted to watch a different show.... crazy kids... :( hehe...

anonymous 2,
LOL. nice entry my friend. Good to hear from you.

Saturday, December 10, 2005 7:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com

"Deep Thoughts" from Saturday Night Live ...