Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Rare political post

I'm considering rolling out to Washington D.C. in March to take part in a demonstration that advocates the U.S. taking a more hands-on confrontative stance with Iran. You may or may not be aware of the fact that this Iran's president has recently called for the utter destruction of Israel AND (just in case Israel's destruction doesn't bother you too much) the United States. And no... he didn't allude to these things, or suggest it in some hidden way. He shouted it from the rooftops and took part in a freakin' terrorist type march holding signs that stated his position very clearly while masked men with automatic weapons shot in to the air all around him. This guy is a nutcase. CNN article here tells of his recent blabbering about the Holocaust being only a myth. I swear this guy will be a modern day Arab Hitler if he is allowed to be.

Anyhow, just saw that now Bush is more fully admitting and taking blame for the faulty intelligence that caused the U.S. to attack Iraq. I'm wondering how that will those mistakes affect the new, very real threat of Iran. If the U.S. steps up to the plate and tries to intervene, will our country rise up against the idea of going to war again while pointing back to the mistakes made in the Iraqi war? If so, we could be in some big big trouble.

Iran continues to move forward on their nuke program, and recently completed a huge arms deal with the Soviets. Sheesh, its crazy thinking of where our world could be when my children hit the arms-bearing-age.

9 Comments:

Blogger Deborah said...

Here's another news link that doesn't call this a myth
http://today.reuters.com/news/newsarticle.aspx?type=topNews&storyid=2005-12-08T194147Z_01_RID850121_RTRUKOC_0_US-MIDEAST-IRAN-AHMADINEJAD.xml&rpc=22
Sorry its so long -- i don't know how to fix that. Just erase this comment if its too linky.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 2:10:00 PM  
Blogger Miroslav said...

ha! you made me smile Eireann. ...hippy.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 3:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HELLO!? Whee...I doubt that Israel would put up with that much crap from Eeeran. I'm looking forward to a good ol fashioned B-mbing from our fifty first state. Is that to hawkish. ...did you say that you had a Indian friend? could he help me with my computer?

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 10:45:00 PM  
Blogger Miroslav said...

uh oh, we went and got George all fired up. :) Well said Kermit.

Anonymous2,
quality post, as usual. always makes me and the wife LOL.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 10:54:00 AM  
Blogger Miroslav said...

Rhonda,
uh oh, you 'bout to get a can opened up. I'm gonna' be pretty nice, but just wait 'til George reads what you wrote. You gonna be in big trouble!

Can't be the world police??! Three Letters for you: W W 2.
Hind sight is 20/20. 'Tis easy to say now that Saddam shoulda been taken out back then (Hitler coulda been taken out really early on too!), but how can you say that while also stating that we can't be the world police? Or you think he woulda stepped down if we asked the right way?
"Saddam is gone but if we were so flipping successful, why are there still so many problems?" - Because there are still tyrants and fundamentalist/extremest Muslims there and the moderate majority is scared as hell and has no clue or footing to fight the remaining radicals. They are scared to death and without education or example.
We don't have Democracy here?! That is a crazy talk. We DO have Democracy here. It is alive and well. The problem is not with the government or the system, the problem is that most Americans are ignorant or apathetic to most all serious matters of life. Look at the percentage of voters. I prefer to blame US (you, me, and our friends family and neighbors) instead of blaming THEM ("the man", Bush/Clinton, government).

Ok... with that out of the way, the points I agree on:
"We need to clean things up and leave them with stability that works FOR them, not against them." - AGREED.
"we cannot go into these types of situations without first understanding what matters to THOSE people" - AGREED
"Just my pinko kommie liberal opinion :D" - DEFINATELY AGREED! hehe...

Thursday, December 15, 2005 12:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say, I vote for ..... george (blog responder george, that is)!

Thursday, December 15, 2005 2:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to put this in comments, but couldn't figure out how to email you (although i don't think my email is on my site either).
First I wanted to say thanks for coming by my place and leaving a nice comment about giving the "talk" to my son. As I looked at your blog, I noticed that we've been reading a lot of the same books lately.
So I'll be back.
Thanks again-
Anne

Thursday, December 15, 2005 4:20:00 PM  
Blogger Miroslav said...

Auntie Lamb,
Recount! Hanging Chad!

Anne,
Yeah, I've got to figure out a good way to get my email address out there so people can reach me. Your writing rocks. Thanks for sharing it! I've got ya down in my favorites now! :)

Friday, December 16, 2005 2:36:00 AM  
Blogger Miroslav said...

George,
Come on man... I wanted all hell fire and brimstone and borderline cursewords man. I'm disappointed. You could have at least done one of these bits: I cannot *&#$^! believe that #@&(#*$@! nonsense!
You know?

;)

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 4:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com

"Deep Thoughts" from Saturday Night Live ...