Wednesday, January 18, 2006

PityMe...No Dough(NUTS!)...G(35)rassroots Efforts

Three totally random thoughts today.

Read 'em and weep.................
Last night I had dinner with my Crazy Uncle (one of many crazy uncles I have, really). I shared with him a kind note that my father-in-law mailed me. I went on to tell my Crazy Uncle about how neat it is for me to have people around me that love and care for me during this difficult time of life. My Uncle said that its probably because of my "Pity Blog."
Psh... see if I ever buy HIM dinner again. ;)
................
And then this morning, I'm running late to the office but have an empty stomach. I stop by the doughnut shop in hopes of a Cinnamon Roll and some Vitamin D Milk. As I head inside I realize I'm broke... only $2.39 on me. "Aha! Back to the car..." I think to myself. "There is always loose change in the car!" ... Well, I then discovered one really lame thing about having a nice and clean car. No spare change laying around. I remember 'back in the day' when my junker cars would ALWAYS have enough money in the seats or ashtray to buy me and a friend a good sized lunch at Taco Bell. And now, here I have this awesome new car ... plenty of money in the bank ... and I can't come up with enough cash for what I want at the doughnut shop. Bah.
................
And speaking about cars... so I have this sweet 2-door sports car that I bought last year. I had always wanted to have a cool ride like SuperRon had when I was in HighSchool. SuperRon owned a Classic Blue 4x4 JEEP. We rode around in that thing like we were the cat's meow. Well, hey, lets just be honest. We were. (Right MT3SA and Janice?) Anyhow... the coolest thing about that JEEP, in my eyes, (besides the four-wheel-drive action, the wind in our hair, and how many babes we got because of it) ... was the fact that everywhere we went, fellow JEEP owners would honk and wave. We were in some sort of secret JEEP club. Ha! See how I'm saying 'we'? I was really just riding SuperRon's coattails, but it FELT like I was in the club too... thats how cool it was.
So all that to say that when I bought my sports car, an Infiniti G-35, I just assumed that I would automatically be in the Secret-Ultra-Kewl-G35-Owner's-Club. I figured everywhere I'd go, there would be this bond... an unspoken brotherhood between us G35 owners. I was sad to discover that no... No such thing existed. How did I discover it? Well, I honked at every G35 I saw. I waved at the drivers. I pulled right up next to the window of other G35 owners and honked and waved. I honked and waved again and again...... and what did I get? Nothing. Ok, well, one person may have thought they knew me and waved as a knee jerk reaction, but I saw the smile on their face turn to a frown as they realized that I was a complete stranger. They probably ended up thinking that I was stalking them or was going to car jack them or something. Argh. "What a waste of money this stupid car was... there isn't even a secret club for us owners."
But then it struck me. That JEEP club had to start SOMEWHERE, right? Somebody had to get the ball rolling on it. And so, thats what I've decided to do. A grassroots effort. Every time I see a G35, I will see an opportunity to birth this Secret-Ultra-Kewl-G35-Owner's-Club. I will honk. I will wave. I will do it again and again until they all 'get it'.
I hope I don't get shot.
................

Told you they were random.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

King Miroslav,

Just what in the Sam-hell are you trying to say here??

???


!

just kidding. Have a good day, bud.

p.s. i will start praying so that I can be in your G-35 club, too!

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 1:26:00 PM  
Blogger Miroslav said...

:)

Is there a 4-Runner Club?

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 1:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately no. Bummer too...I like 4-Runners.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 4:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com

"Deep Thoughts" from Saturday Night Live ...