Friday, January 13, 2006

A man I know.

You will never guess who got invited to speak at this year's AIPAC Policy Conference in Washington, D.C. (AIPAC = The American Israel Public Affairs Commitee). Ok, some of you will guess who I'm talking about. But wow, isn't that crazy?

From the website: "Last year featured addresses by top policymakers including Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and the leadership of Congress." ... And now, my very own daddy-o is gonna' be there. Invited to speak. Just amazing.

I'm going. Shoot, even before my dad was invited to speak I had decided to go just to stand against Iran. They have a nutcase of a president who has repeatedly made public statements about his hope that Israel and the United States will come to literal destruction. All the while, he is moving forward with nuclear research and buying arms as fast as he can. (Jan. 11, 2006 CNN article here.)

I was originally going out to D.C. to make my voice heard and now I get the added benefit of hearing my dad's voice! The conference is a three day deal during the first week of March.

One proud kid here.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds dangerous!

Friday, January 13, 2006 2:07:00 PM  
Blogger Miroslav said...

Oooh... and I get a full blown official tour of the White House too just 'cause I'm rollin' with my pops. Should be cool.

Friday, January 13, 2006 2:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh-uh--really?! a tour of the WH?! But why should that surprise me?

I am very jazzed, probably just as proud as you, of the man (the dangerous man).

Friday, January 13, 2006 3:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that's the scripture (Pr 22:29) I gave to the Dad-man, even at the conclusion of the AIPAC gig last month. It was like he spoke as the oracle of God there (I loved it when your uncle gave a rousing hoot-and-cheer and got the applause going).

Saturday, January 14, 2006 1:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com

"Deep Thoughts" from Saturday Night Live ...