Monday, January 16, 2006

You Dirty Rat

You've gotta love that smell. You know, the smell of DEATH that follows a couple of weeks after you place the rat poison ... ugh. It STINKS.

Read more ...Well, my wife and I have been living with the stench in our garage for the past week or so. I couldn't find where it was coming from. Over the last couple of days, we've left our garage door open a bit to let it air out and tonight, when I went in the garage it smelled good again. Finally! But... what was that smell? ... ooh... I caught a wiff again. (gag) ... but since the whole garage wasn't permeated by it, I was able to track it down.

Anyhow, being the type of guy that I am, I promptly thought, "Now... who could I call that would be willing to come over here and get this thing out of here?" My wife said, "Hey, my brother is a *real* man, why don't you call him over?" ... To which I replied, "Sounds great!" ..... LOL! Seriously... oh man... I'm dying of laughter over here. ... So I called him up and he came right on over in between the two episodes of 24. What a guy. Can't beat that type of friendship. I shall now call him, SuperRon!


Oh. I did do something else. I snapped a couple of photos. hehe. I know, I'm a sick man. But hey, what can I do about it? Gotta go with my strengths.

Here is the little guy sleeping. Awwwww... how cute.

And YES, thats a maggot on his head. He was chalk full of them little white nasties. His whole belly was squirming about. PUKE! Just flat out disgusting. Worst part is... I ate rice tonight.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talk about getting your grove back.

Monday, January 16, 2006 10:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just call out my name, and you know wherever I am I'll come runnin' to free you again...

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 8:41:00 AM  
Blogger Miroslav said...

Lee,
Lightning comment speed there Ratman! :) I had barely finished my post and BHAM! You were there. Welcome to my blog btw.

Anonymous,
Eek. If thats my groove, I'll pass.

SuperRon,
You may live to regret living so close to me. These rats seem to find Janice and I wherever we go. So... I may be needing your services again. Hopefully it won't be in the middle of a season premiere of your favorite TV show next time. :)

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 9:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ode to a Dead Rat

O rat who chose to die
In my garage, why o why?
Didn't you know that I would be
Squeamish, to put it mildly.

I would have used my can of WA.
But it looked like someone beat me to that the other day.

O rat with the maggot on his head
I never knew you.
O rat with the rumbly-tumbly
I
Just
Never knew you.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 12:27:00 PM  
Blogger Miroslav said...

George,
What are you talking about man? You mopped the floor with those suckers... you had that one punch combo down like nobody's business!

Marita,
LOL! :D
You have me in stitches Marita. Seriously.
Freaking hilarious.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 12:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like Napoleon Dynamite said:

"There's more where that came from"

;)

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 1:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor, poor rat...and where've you been keeping Mishak? Certainly not in the garage with rat poison, right?

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 2:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is this Marita? She sounds dangerous and I think I love her!

dm

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 5:57:00 PM  
Blogger Patrick Davis said...

Miroslav,
If I had only known! All I have to do to get people to talk was take pictures of dead rats! (I do admit- in the interests of full disclosure- I had to make my whole family look. I did swipe your picture of SuperRon.
Love it!
Mr. D

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 8:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. D
Be careful how you use that picture. I've been tryin' to conceal my idenity from Lex Luthor for years... It's a bird, it's a plane, nahh it's just a rat.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 7:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe Miroslav you crack me up!! and mom that poem is flip floppin HILARIOUS!!! that is SOOO nasty though! i am NOT going to be babysitting soon....



<3 your lil sis

Friday, January 20, 2006 9:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If we're over anytime soon, I'm standing on the table, I really really rats, they give me the heebie geebies...

Sunday, January 22, 2006 11:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, my word didn't make it in, I really rats, but someone I know that's close to me use to let his pet rat lick his teeth-eeeewww!

Sunday, January 22, 2006 11:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

strongly dislike-it's blocking my word, I'm not good on these computers

Sunday, January 22, 2006 11:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com

"Deep Thoughts" from Saturday Night Live ...