Monday, November 14, 2005

Hopeful Heartache

I asked my wife if she could dig out any other poetry that I've written in the past. She found this. Looking back, the poem reminds me of how strong my faith was even though my circumstances were no different than they are now (actually, things were in many ways worse... the wounds more fresh when this was written).

Written 7/21/03 ... (in a boring sales meeting again)...

Hopeful Heartache

As surely as the sun rises and sets to divide the day
from the night,
The world works to persuade me to abandon my God.

Ever dawn sets the stage for choices to make and
steps to take.
Indulgence and Survival compete against Purpose for
the role of compass in my life.
Lies, Deception, Obsession, Confusion seek to break me.

A stranger in the land, an ever widening chasm forms
in my heart.
Like a heavy storm darkens the horizon,
So the aches of life steal my joy.

But though these trials are as constant as the
rising of the sun,
You, oh Lord, created the sun itself and set it in motion!

Father! You have breathed life into me and
will not let me die.
You will guide my every step and will be
my Guiding Light.

In my pain, I will call upon You and
You will answer.
Builder of Dreams and Beloved Savior,
My hope is in thee…

2 Comments:

Blogger Deborah said...

Miroslav's a poet,
And he didn't know it,
But his feet sure do show it...
They're "LONGFELLOW"s :)
ROFLOL,
Sister Deb

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 9:22:00 PM  
Blogger Miroslav said...

Hey now... I actually have petite feet! And girlish hands I've been told. ; )

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 10:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com

"Deep Thoughts" from Saturday Night Live ...