Saturday, September 30, 2006

Speaking of Kindness

In my last post, I mentioned my weakness of character when it comes to kindness to others in day to day interactions. I consider myself fairly loving, and go-the-extra-mile when it comes to BIG stuff (ie. crisis, need a friend to talk, need help moving, etc.), but I tend to be blunt and borderline rude in normal conversations... even with my friends (I'm probably being too generous to myself here by including the word borderline). This shortcoming is made painfully clear at many funerals that I attend when people share their thoughts of the person who has passed away: "He was always so nice to everybody." or "He never let anything bother him." or "He always greeted me with a big hug and smile."

Yeah. Well. I'm pretty much the exact opposite of those.

Today, I read in the Reader's Digest this quote:

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." ~ Maya Angelou

The winds of change are a blowin'. Just you wait and see.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kindness schmindness.

Saturday, September 30, 2006 10:07:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're a cute little fuzz-ball!

Saturday, September 30, 2006 7:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes you are you kewt widdo woawie-poawie...yes, you widdo snookums! Kootchie kootchie koo!That's a big boy!

:)

Yes-you-are-Yes-you-are-Yes-you-are!!

Widdo Pweshus widdo poo-bear, Miwoswav...

:)

-Deep thoughts...by Samuels Daddy

Monday, October 02, 2006 2:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com

"Deep Thoughts" from Saturday Night Live ...