Thursday, July 13, 2006

Randomness

Random Musing #1 - Radio Romantica
Sometimes I find myself so deep in thought while driving in the car that I 'snap to' and realize that I've been listening to some gawd-awful-Spanish-speaking-radio-station for the past thirty minutes. Is it just me? (quite possibly the case, given that my dear wife has the radio pre-programmed to a few of them stations due to her love for the ol' Mexican music from her childhood.)

Random Musing #2 - Losin' It
My arch rival in business came up to me a couple weeks back on a business trip and said, "Hey there... looks like a little balding, eh?" I thought to myself, "What an idiot." Turns out the bastard was right.
I was in the Nordstroms dressing room this last week, surrounded by mirrors when I noticed that his doom and gloom prediction was based on very real, verifiable thinning on the back of my cranium. So now I'm wondering why he had to be the first to notify me, and I realize that I'm just too tall for most people to see it. Thus began my research in to men's hair saving shampoo, Rogaine. Does the stuff work? The first guy I talked to about it said that he actually starting losing clumps of hair after his first wash with the stuff. That made me nervous.

Random Musing #3 - Gainin' It
Why is it that the inevitable 5 - 10 pounds that we are always trying to lose shows up in the exact spot that we wish it wouldn't? I swear my face looks 5 pounds heavy today. Grrr... I carry all my extra weight right on my big ol' nugget on top of my neck. It sucks.

Random Musing #4 - Mizaru, Kikazaru, Iwazaru
What is up with those cute little quirky "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" monkeys that you see people use as decorations? Its kinda' like the little Budha statues that you see around (but at least the Budha statues stand for something ... they symbolize SOMETHING, ya know? ... althought I suppose even that is debatable). Them crazy little monkeys ... sure, they are cute, but what do the MEAN for cryin' out loud?
Last night my wife and I were treated to dinner by some church friends and as we left their house I asked them why they so proudly displayed the three little monkeys on their front lawn. "No reason. Just cute." Stuff like that really gets at me. So, of course, I obsessed over it this morning and Wikied it. Even more confused now.

Random Musing #5 - New Book
Done with "Soul Survivor" by Phillip Yancey. New book being read ... "Aloft" by Chang-Rae Lee. Weirdest book I've ever read, but not wholly unenjoyable. Just a very odd, random book.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

upWnnpMiro My Son.
The wicked word, heredity comes to mind regarding your Not-so-Random Musings 2 & 3. They are partly me, partly your dad.

#3: I have found that drinking waaaaay more water than I think I need to helps with the fat head. (Yes, I am actually writing this in public) Less sugar means a more chiseled face. Good thing I know you love me; huh?

#2: I wish your grandpas were still around for you (and your big brother) to check out the remaining hair on their noggins. And consider how handsome and well loved they were. Don't worry, my Mirosky. You (and your big brother) are still too handsome for your own good - just remember the photo you posted a while back with your two homely friends. Relax! And start taking zinc.
Now I will go shine my little brass "Speak No Evil, See No Evil, Hear No Evil" statue. I know what it means...
Thank you for being the great man you are. I love you.
Miro's Momma

Friday, July 14, 2006 9:36:00 AM  
Blogger Miroslav said...

"Now I will go shine my little brass "Speak No Evil, See No Evil, Hear No Evil" statue. I know what it means..."

Ok ... out with it. What do your little monkey statues mean/represent?


I could swear that my grandpa on my dad's side had a full head of hair, even at the end ... and what about Grandpa Joe? Unfortunately, at the moment, I only seem able to remember how he was when he was young and after he became really sick. What was his hair like in his older years?

Friday, July 14, 2006 11:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christian just told me today (from a joke book) that the surest cure for dandruff is baldness. Don't know if you had a problem with dandruff (never noticed it or anything, k?), but, if you did, looks like you'll have less of a problem with it now :) Don't worry about the Rograine. You are tall enough that you could lose A LOT of hair before ANYONE would notice, and your little wife would love you bald as a bowling ball.

I always thought the "see no evil" monkeys were super cute. They reminded me of the Christian Sunday School song, "Oh be careful little eyes what you see, oh be careful little eyes what you see...for your Father up above is looking down in love, so be careful little eyes what you see." The little monkeys reminded me to protect my eyes, ears, and big fat mouth from evil. I had no idea of the possible meaning of "turning a blind eye..." I actually thought quite the opposite!

Happy camping with your little man!

Friday, July 14, 2006 9:47:00 PM  
Blogger Woman of Faith said...

mIROSLAV,
Did you know that it is your mother who may have passed on the bald gene. they say you get it from her, but that is because it is a recessive gene and takes two, one from each parent to get you bald, or something like that.
And anyway, Deborah has a good point, not too many people would notice... Well, Evan, your dad, BJ...

Saturday, July 15, 2006 4:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Number 2 reminds me of the other day when you were walking away from me after we met – your getting so bald, I could actually see what was on your mind…No, but really, I am here to help. Have you ever thought of a comb-over? Your eyebrow has got to be at least 1-2 feet now, right? Slick that bad boy back – you will be good as new!! Just a thought.

Thursday, July 27, 2006 11:27:00 PM  
Blogger Miroslav said...

hmmm... Me, Myself, and I knows of the brow. So you must be a fairly long-time reader.

Your time is short my friend. Enjoy your anonymity while it lasts.

Saturday, July 29, 2006 5:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com

"Deep Thoughts" from Saturday Night Live ...