Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Choose This. I dare you.

My drug taking friend got me to thinking about things. And then I thought about other things. Before you know it, I lost my mind... by choice of course.

But just before I did, this came out.


Choose This.

See the woman on the street
She works so hard upon her feet.
Back and forth and back again
As only a desperate hooker can.

Her sister rests far ‘cross town
Atop a bed clothed with down.
She gives her man a long deep kiss
Then explores their wedded bliss.

Both these women… beat and raped
Ten to eighteen and then escaped.
Extricated from their plight
One runs to darkness, the other light.

What makes you act the way you do?
You hate string cheese but love fondue.
Hide from the sun, welcome the rain.
You keep your mind. I’ll go insane.

(I've just realized that pain fuels my poetry... yes, always painful poems.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice poem!

Thursday, February 02, 2006 5:57:00 PM  
Blogger Miroslav said...

Hey there Tweeter! Glad to see you on the blog...

Thanks for the compliment. :)

Thursday, February 02, 2006 8:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man...really good...must run in the family.

dm

Thursday, February 02, 2006 11:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com

"Deep Thoughts" from Saturday Night Live ...