Saturday, January 28, 2006

Simple Fish

Sometimes I think that obvious answers are so ... deceiving.
This Dark Night of the Soul that I'm in the middle of has me really considering how tasty conclusions are. Do you know what I mean? Sometimes I wonder if in our efforts to find TheTruth we sometimes chomp at the first thing that resembles it. Only later do we find that we've ... well, ... swalled something dangerous or at least something that isn't Truth.

Anyhow. On to the poem...Simple Fish

Not too low, not too high,
The sinker must be precise:
Bring the claims against me
Right before your eyes.

‘Tis me that is the problem.
It is what we’re told.
“He’s the reason for this season.”
This line you have been sold.

My failings appear so obvious
Without a second look.
Look a little deeper
You just ate the hook.

Your tasty morsel secured
You have become so smug.
Savor it now, friend of old
For soon will come the tug.

Hook, line, and sinker…
‘Twas such a mouth watering bait.
Place the blame upon my shoulders,
Reality to abdicate.

You took the liberty to hate me
Eating what you were fed…
You are a fish dead on the line.
I swim on ahead.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These thoughts set my stomach churning.. Well written. Painful.

Sunday, January 29, 2006 8:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it...love it!

Still swimming,

aqua-man

Sunday, January 29, 2006 8:47:00 AM  
Blogger Miroslav said...

Auntie Lamb,
Thanks for the compliment Auntie. Yup, tis a painful sort of poem.

Aqua-man,
Yeah... you and me both. :)

Sunday, January 29, 2006 3:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com

"Deep Thoughts" from Saturday Night Live ...