Sunday, March 05, 2006

Trip to D.C. - Photo Entry - Sat & Sun

A photo filled report.

Lets see them pics!

Day 1 - Saturday, March 4th

I've heard that waking up this early can be hazardous to your health.
I've also heard that it can cause you to become delusional...
















He is no Marilyn Monroe, but he was kind enought to take us to the airport.


On our way out of the house I saw a curious stack of books:

"Night" by Elie Weisel on the one side ... "Life is So Good" on the other...
and the magazine "People" in between.

...

I don't know about you, but I just can't walk by the Cinnabon in the airport without buying something. Especially at five-freakin-a-m.

And here we are... me after my health food and some other guy after what must have been a really big cup of coffee.





"I walk a lonely road ..."









Ok. I lied.








After both flights were delayed by late employees (yes they actually told us that was the reason why!), we got to our hotel around 6pmEST. The hotel was five blocks away from the convention and two blocks from Chinatown.






We got great rates b/c the hotel is mid-remodel.
I don't think my room was done yet.
What do you think?

...

There was a very quick dessert reception on Saturday night. Just before we headed to the conference center for the reception, we looked for a place to eat. The group voted on Fudruckers. I voted for the Burmese place next to the hotel. The group went to Fudruckers. I went to the Burmese place. Hehe... The food was actually only so-so, but on the way out I saw this Chinese place that turned out to be AMAZING. I promptly stuffed my face with their food after a full Burmese meal and I plan to eat there every day I'm here. Not kidding. They have these great homemade noodles and very addictive steamy pork buns.
(Did I just say I'm addicted to "steamy pork buns"?)


Ok. So that was that.
We headed back to the hotel and hit the hay after the reception.

...

Sunday is when the convention really got kicked off. Here is us en route... and arrived. (Notice the amazing mid-step action photos. Only pro photographers can pull that technique off. You should be impressed.)







...

Here we are at breakout session where my dad had the opportunity to speak to several hundred people. It was pretty dang neat. (More on that later in a non-photo-filled entry.)

...

...

And finally, us eating some grub at the evening session.



And now... I must sleep. I am tired! I'll do another entry after the trip that will give a summary of the whole thing.


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess I'm a pathetic prophetic"k": I suggested to your unk on our way to the airport for an 8 AM departure, "What if their flight was waylaid, and they were all moved to your flight?!" Well, I got close--y'all just happened to have the same arrival time. Go figure...and he came in on this planning way late!

Good to see all the action in the photo journal, but now I'm salivating for steamed pork buns. I can make 'em from scratch, did ya know. Maybe for some future birthday of yours.

Had some sweet prayers for you, too, this AM. Can ya feel 'em?

Sunday, March 05, 2006 10:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics babe!
I love you and I miss you.
Have fun in D.C
But come home soon to me!! :)

Sunday, March 05, 2006 11:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miroalav, it has been great having you here with us at the AIPAC national conference. When we were in the breakout session that your dad spoke in, I kept thinking to myself that we must pass this love for Israel and its People on to our kids. I'm glad that you are seeing what we do and meeting the same people we are *together*. It is just so very "right"
I can't wait to read your thoughts about this conference. My own mind is swimming from excitement, information and getting hooked up with "divine" appointments!

Monday, March 06, 2006 11:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My son.

What an incredible group you are part of. I'm looking forward to hearing about your conversations with Congresswoman Matsui and the others.
Great log of your adventures so far.
I'm praying for you and also for your Dad and Marita, Kelly and Roger, that God will continue to pour himself out onto you and through you all.
Your new office sounds very cool; glad you replaced the lovely blue carpet. I saved those BEFORE photos that I took when I was up there last month. I'll email them to you. Kay?
I love you infinity.
Momma

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 1:52:00 PM  
Blogger Miroslav said...

Auntie lamb,
Thanks for the prayers!

Janice,
Love you too baby.

marita,
it was definately a great trip...

Momma,
I'm so glad you got those BEFORE pics... definately send 'em over! I was just lamenting to Janice about the fact that we didn't have any! Love ya!

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 9:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


www.flickr.com

"Deep Thoughts" from Saturday Night Live ...